- Category: about Us
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 21:33
- Hits: 15583
As you are no doubt aware, Canada’s supply chain is expecting to develop hundreds of new jobs over the next five years – 350,000 actually. The benefit of supply chain employment is that it is national, right across the country, there is a vast variety of jobs with as wide a range of training and entry requirements. But how to prepare to attract people to this area?
The Supply Chain Career Awareness Collaborative (SCCAC) has launched a national web portal designed to increase awareness of career pathways in the supply chain and position the supply chain as a profession of choice for the decade ahead. Developed by a collaborative of 15 organizations involved in supply chain, logistics, transportation, shipping and public procurement, the Careers in the Supply Chain website connects visitors to educational and training opportunities available to those interested in pursuing or advancing a career in supply chain or public procurement.
From operations to procurement to logistics, there are literally hundreds of career options within the supply chain and these rewarding and challenging roles exist in most fields and organizations. With strategic supply chain management continuing to be an important economic differentiator for most organizations, the need for trained professionals is becoming even greater.
“The skills of a supply chain professional are transferable across all sectors, industries and countries,” said SCCAC spokesperson Cori Ferguson. “As stakeholders we want to ensure those who are unemployed, under-employed, or looking to make a career transition understand the opportunities available to them and have access to the resources necessary to advance their supply chain career.”
Whether visitors wish to learn more about the industry or find opportunities for ongoing professional development, the Careers in the Supply Chain website is designed to assist people new to the industry and those already working in the supply chain. The 15 organizations that comprise the Supply Chain Career Awareness Collaborative are:
- APICS The Association for Operations Management–Canadian District
- Calgary Logistics Council
- Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association
- Canadian Public Procurement Council
- Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport – North America
- Halifax Employers Association
- Healthcare Supply Chain Network
- International Warehouse Logistics Association – Canadian Council
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada
- The Shipping Federation of Canada
- Supply Chain & Logistics Association Canada
- The Van Horne Institute
- Western Transportation Advisory Council (WESTAC)