Becoming a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
Membership in CILTNA – the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in North America – offers benefits and services designed to support you, personally and professionally, throughout your career. Whether you are an individual just starting out in the industry, or a professional with numerous years of experience, CILTNA has something for you.
CILTNA also offers corporate memberships, enabling organizations to enhance the capability and knowledge of their employees via conferences and meetings, informational tools and networking opportunities.
CILT membership grades provide formal recognition of the skills and experience of members as they progress in their careers.
On joining CILT, an individual will apply for a particular membership grade, according to their education and experience. For information on our member benefits click here to download the brochure.
The letters corresponding to a membership grade are exclusive to CILT, and are authenticated by a unique membership number under CILT’s Royal Charter.
Grades of Membership
This grade is for people interested in logistics, transportation, and/or the supply chain sector who do not yet meet the criteria for entry, or who wish to be associated with the Chartered Institute without becoming a member. They receive all the benefits of membership and may participate in all CILTNA events but do not vote at the annual general meeting.
Annual fees $103 plus applicable taxes.
This grade is for students enrolled in programs or courses in logistics, transportation or supply chain management who wish to gain exposure to the institute’s activities and its networks with a view to a career in the sector and eventual membership in the Institute. They may participate in its events but do not vote at the annual general meeting.
Annual fee $25 plus applicable taxes
This is the first level of our globally-recognised assessed grades. Members may use the post-nominal letters MILT after their name. They receive all the benefits of membership and may participate in all CILTNA events and vote at the annual general meeting. To be admitted:
- Applicants must have completed a program of studies officially recognized by CILTNA, or
- Without the requisite program of studies, an applicant must have at least three years of experience in logistics, transportation, and/or the supply chain sector.
Annual fees are $146 plus applicable taxes.
Chartered Membership demonstrates that the individual has achieved the Institute’s globally recognised Chartered standard. This grade recognizes an individual who has significant line and management experience and who has the necessary educational requirements. Members who join at this grade are entitled to use the CMILT post-nominals on CVs, signatures and other business stationery. They receive all the benefits of membership and may participate in all CILTNA events and vote at the annual general meeting. To be admitted:
- Applicants must have completed a program of academic studies officially recognized by CILTNA.
- Applicants must have at least five years of experience in logistics, transportation, and/or the supply chain sector, including government, of which at least two years must be at a senior management level or its equivalent as evaluated by the membership committee.
Annual fees are $194 plus applicable taxes.
Chartered Fellow (FCILT)
This is the highest grade of Membership. Chartered Fellows are highly respected authorities who have significant experience at the most senior levels of responsibility in industry, government, or academia. Chartered Fellows may use the post-nominal letters FCILT after their name. They receive all the benefits of membership and may participate in all CILTNA events and vote at the annual general meeting. In most cases, candidates for this designation are nominated by their respective chapters. To be admitted:
- Applicants must currently hold a CMILT designation;
- Applicants must have seven or more years of executive or high-level management experience in the logistics, transportation, and/or the supply chain sector, including government;
- Applicants must have made a major contribution over an extended period of time to the sector in general; and
- Applicants must have made an active contribution to the CILTNA organization, either at the chapter or the national level.
Annual fees are $275 plus applicable taxes.
CILTNA offers Corporate Membership plans that are tailored to the needs of the individual firm. They can include employee education and training, information sharing, networking at conferences and other events, and opportunities for the corporate member organization to raise its industry profile through participation in CILTNA activities and other promotional platforms.
For further information, contact CILTNA Admin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All rates are charged in CAD and taxes are included in price when purchasing membership. (The approximate USD equivalent is shown below for US members)
|BC, AB, SK, MB, QC, P.E.I., N.W.T., Nunavut and Yukon||CAD||$288.75||$203.70||$153.30||$108.15||$26.25|
Newfoundland & Labrador
|USD Equivalent (Approx.)||USD||$213.09||$150.33||$113.13||$79.81||$19.37|
*For Student Memberships, please email email@example.com for more information.